Thursday, April 10, 2008

Easter Time a Time of Reflection









Easter weekend our family was blessed to be able to go to Cortez, Colorado where Shawn is from and visit with his parents and sisters. All of his family was there and we celebrated Shawn's Dad's retirement party. A great time was had by all. Shawn and I left on Monday to come back to Rexburg. On Tuesday Anelle (Shawn's Mom) had knee surgery. The surgery went well and she was great when we found out Wednesday Night that she had passed away. (It must of been a blood clot and she did not suffer.) Shock is such a blessing which I believe we are still experiencing. She is now in Heaven with her son Travis and my son Landon. I know that she is happy and has a great work to do in heaven. She is missed here on earth but her joy must be great as she has moved on. As a testimony to all those who read this I do know that families are and can be forever and I am so thankful for that. What a blessing the gospel is and thank you to everyone who has supported our family in this time of need. Here are a few pictures of our time in Colorado.

5 comments:

Ginger said...

I am sorry to hear about your mom and mom-in-law passing. Families ARE forever, but it doesn't make a loved one any less missed or longed for. I hope that you will be wrapped in the comforting spirit at this time.

alma and nicole smith said...

that was a great post steph. very well put. we love you and hope you know would do anything for you. see you soon! ps. danni was the cutest of those 3!! :)

stephanie and sean said...

Steph, thank you so much for this post. We just recently heard about your families loss and we are so sorry. I too am so glad that families are forever and that goodbye isn't permanent. I love your perspective about how one person's loss (your families) is another persons gain (Travis and Landon and the Lord's work needing to be done elsewhere). Steph, you and Sean are so incredible and I hope that you and your family are blessed with strength and peace as you go. We love you and are thinking of you.

Michelle said...

I am so thankful that you were able to spend some quality time together as a family. I still can't get over the "shock" as you put it. I am sure she gave those boys big ol' smooches. I love you guys and still keep your family in my prayers.

Oh, and that pic of the babies is SUPER cute!

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

I can't believe that you have never told me that you have a blog!! This is crazy talk! And you have had it since easter?!?! how am I so behind? Hey, you should post more often! that last post WAS easter. Hope all is well, I will call you soon! And your totally busted for not telling me about this blog of yours! Love you